Monday, July 16, 2007


Yes, that's right, I have FINALLY succeeded in uploading a photo! I'll try to upload more as often as I can, but this one actually took nine minutes to do, so it might not be all that frequent until I find a way to access a DSL line or something. Anyway, from left to right we have me, our teaching coordinator Reti, and my three colleagues Rachel, Becky, and Jess. The photo is taken in a Pizza Hut in Amman.


So that's who I'm working with, and exchanging quips and mockery with, etc. You'll note that they're all female. I'm sort of drowning in estrogen a bit here, and feeling the lack of males in whom I can confide. These ladies are great, and they do their best to be helpful and mutually supportive, and their best is pretty darn good. However, they are female.


We're on the home stretch with the English School, with only 3 days to go. My class is preparing a skit to show on graduation day (Friday) of the story of the Good Samaritan. Should be fun. I'm glad the thing is almost over though, I'm worn out and my body feels slightly like it's about to collapse.


I've seen some pretty cool stuff while I've been here. Most recently, we just went to Petra this past weekend. This, as elated Jordanians never tire of telling me, has just been voted the second wonder of the world, and it deserves it. I'll post some photos when I can (I know, I know, you're sick of hearing it). However, if you google it, you can probably see some taken by professionals. If you want to take my word for it, though, that's fine. The place is awesome. If you get the chance, make it there before you die.
I miss you all.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you loved Petra, its one of my favorite places:) Miss you Sy

Unknown said...

Wow! Great to see a picture. You look good and happy! Maybe it was the pizza. Wonderful that you have just about finished your first adventure! Will be looking forward to more pictures once you get to school. Hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

They have nicer pizza huts there than we do! You seem to be having a good time, even with the ups and downs. My birthday was pretty good. Ryan took off for the Marines on Monday as scheduled. We heard through Ryan's staff sgt that he is doing well, I think she even said he was having fun! Continue to enjoy yourself!

Anonymous said...

im not entirely sure how to do this but hey cool blog! nice team pic altho i dunno what is going on with my fringe!! is funny reading back what happened over the time and reading ur insights! hope all is goin good! Jess

Bboy Pax Tecum said...

petra looks sweet. sorry im catching up so late on your blog. I got laid off the other week so i have a lot of time on my hands to do things i want to like THIS